The Dean Art Studios are welcoming applications from all cultural practitioners
and artistic disciplines. This is a unique opportunity for creatives to
take up a yearlong residency completely rent free.
Closing date for applications is midday, Thursday 5th May 2022.
Entries are now closed.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting an application, applicants confirm they have read and understood all of the information set out in the sections ‘About the Residency’, ‘Making an Application’ and ‘FAQ’s’ on this website.
- Your application will be considered ineligible if:
- You did not apply online
- Your application was incomplete in essential detail
- Your application was submitted after the closing deadline
- Your application did not include all of the required documentation
- No one has legal right to be awarded the residency.
- Selectors are not obliged to view materials surplus to requirements.
- Decisions regarding the Dean Arts Studio residencies will be communicated via email. It is the responsibility of the applicant to regularly monitor the email address referenced in their application.
- Programming schedules are set by the Dean Arts Studio, preferences of the artist are not guaranteed. Timing and duration will be negotiated following selection and preference will be given to those who are available for the full term of the residency.
- For artists based nationwide (areas exceeding reasonable commutable distances) the provision of accommodation will need to be considered. Accommodation is NOT supplied as part of this residency.
- Please be aware that successful applicants who are unable to participate in the residency at the time proposed by the Dean Arts Studio will have to forfeit their place and re-apply for the programme, places will not be held.
- On being awarded a residency an agreement will be drafted outlining the conditions of the residency at the Dean Arts Studio.
- The successful candidate should not be overcommitted to other work or projects or be in full or part-time education, which would compromise full immersion in this highly competitive opportunity